- George Osborne; forever blowing bubbles…Posted 1 day ago
- It’s no way to run a countryPosted 8 days ago
- The extraordinary political power of unelected central bankersPosted 15 days ago
- Should savers be scared of big, bad Canadian wolf Mark Carney?Posted 23 days ago
- Warning: low interest rates are seriously damaging your economyPosted 29 days ago
Real Rate of Return
The Government has the overall responsibility for setting and achieving the inflation target. In good economic times the interest rates available to savers will outpace inflation. But we believe that savings accounts paying inflation plus a return must be made available to savers at all times.
The interest you receive on your savings may increases the amount of money in your account, but after inflation are you really any better off than when you first set them aside?
Our real rate of return calculator takes inflation into account to give you an idea of how much or little your savings might be worth in years to come.
Simply enter the amount of your savings, the interest rate you are receiving, the rate of tax you pay and an estimate for future inflation. Then decide in how many years time you might want to spend them. Click calculate and the Real Rate of Return calculator will show you how much they might be worth at today’s prices.