- It’s no way to run a countryPosted 3 days ago
- The extraordinary political power of unelected central bankersPosted 9 days ago
- Should savers be scared of big, bad Canadian wolf Mark Carney?Posted 17 days ago
- Warning: low interest rates are seriously damaging your economyPosted 23 days ago
- Trust me, I’m a politician!Posted 34 days ago
Christmas songs for economists
It’s been a worrying week, with all the talk that the Bank of England might change its mandate and deliberately stoke up inflation in the hope of stimulating the economy.
Not only is it great fun, but it’s nice to realise that there are people out there who are on the side of savers and realise that saving is the solution, not the problem. You might need to be a bit of an economics wonk to get the most out of it, though.